- Privacy Statement
- Information Collected by CharacTour
- Information that you Knowingly and Willingly Provide
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Information Collected by Cookies, Web Beacons, and other Technologies
- Third Party Advertising
- CharacTour’s Do Not Track Policy
- How Is Your Personally Identifiable Information Used?
- Who Can Access the Information We Collect?
- Selling of Personally Identifiable Information
- Minors and Children and Privacy
- Links to Third Party Services
- Social Media Features & Widgets
- Security, Storage, & Retention
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Information Correction, Removal, and Opting-Out
- Correction & Removal
- Opting Out
- Your California Rights
- Privacy Inquiries
When you use our Service, CharacTour collects information (i) that you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use our Service including registration information, (ii) that your browser or computer automatically share, and (ii) that we are able to collect from cookies and other similar technologies. We may aggregate and/or anonymize all information that we collect from you, including Personally Identifiable Information. This may be done for the purpose of market research on brands and products, marketing campaigns, and advertising.
CharacTour collects the information that you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use our Service (such as through web forms or profile screens), including registration/account setup information, character searches, CharacTour quizzes/studies, and contact information. We primarily use this information to keep you informed of CharacTour news and content available through our Service and to provide the CharacTour functionality. You can choose not to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information, but then you may not be able to take full advantage of our Service or other available features we offer. The information that we collect and use may include the following kinds of Personally Identifiable Information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Personality information
- Likes and dislikes including but not limited to ratings of favorite characters, viewing lists, voting and poll results, and comments on content
CharacTour collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. CharacTour may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Service. This information typically includes details about your:
- IP Address
- Browser Type and Plug-In Details
- Operating System
- Date and Time of Each Visitor Request
- Referring Site and/or Search Engine
- Device Type (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
CharacTour may use non-Personally Identifiable Information for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Service. The information we receive depends on the settings on your browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
CharacTour may target advertisements and third-party advertisements on and off our Services using various ad networks. Our ad networks may include, without limitation, ad servers, ad agencies, ad exchanges, ad technology vendors, and research firms. We may target ads to users based on general profile information and based on a user’s use of our Services. We may use ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags, and cookies to more efficiently serve ads to our users as well as to collect anonymized research for our advertisers.
CharacTour does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. As such, your navigation of our Services may be tracked as part of the gathering of quantitative user information described above. If you arrive at our Services by way of a link from a third-party site that does respond to “do not track” requests, the recognition of any “do not track” request you have initiated will end as soon as you reach our Services.
We may use Personally Identifiable Information we collect about you on its own or combine it with other information we have about you to:
- Create user accounts and/or profiles through registration;
- Offer the CharacTour functionality including making character recommendations and providing other CharacTour content related to your profile;
- Send newsletters or other information about the Services;
- Perform internal operations, such as tracking and improving the effectiveness of our website, mobile experience, and marketing efforts;
- Personalize user experiences, such as remembering your settings and preferences for things like language, font size, etc.;
- Provide support;
- Resolve disputes between users and/or a user and CharacTour as set forth in our Terms of Service;
- Use the location of your mobile device to prevent fraud or deliver other location-based services that you may request;
- Administer sweepstakes, contest, or similar promotion;
- Advertise and market our products and Service – and those of our Business Partners –including to:
- Present targeted advertising, send or provide you with advertisements, promotions and offers;
- Analyze whether our advertisements, promotions, and offers are effective;
- Help us determine whether you may be interested in new products or services;
- Conduct surveys;
- Conduct research; and
- Receive feedback.
CharacTour may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in the following instances:
Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples of such functions include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing technical support, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. We share our users’ Personally Identifiable Information with these agents as we deem necessary for such third parties to perform their functions.
Employees. Only authorized employees have access to your Personally Identifiable Information.Affiliates. When you are asked for information while on our Service, you are sharing that information with CharacTour and our various affiliates, unless specifically stated otherwise. As a result of this sharing, you may receive communications from any of our affiliates.
Authorized Business Partners, Advertisers, Agents, and Promotional Offers. We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties to share Personally Identifiable Information for the purpose of providing you with information regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with third party partners in order for them to better target products and services to their customers. If you do not want to receive such offers, please contact us using the procedure listed in Section M (Information Correction, Removal, and Opting-Out) below.
To Comply with Legal Process, Protect CharacTour, or Enforce our Rights. We may release your Personally Identifiable Information when it is necessary to (i) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (ii) enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements (iii) protect the rights, safety or property of CharacTour, our affiliates, service providers, our users or the public, or (iv) prevent a crime or protect national security (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
As Part of a Merger or Sale of Business. We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We will not sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for their use without your consent.
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. If you are not 13 years or older, do not use our Service. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Service, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personally Identifiable Information to our Service without your consent, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor's Personally Identifiable Information from our systems.
In accordance with California’s “erasure law” for minors, in the event that a minor under the age of 18 uses the Service, the minor may request that CharacTour delete information provided to us. Upon such a request, CharacTour will delete the information or provide the minor with (a) the ability to remove or request removal of content that the minor posted on the website or mobile app; (b) notice and clear instruction on how to do so; and (c) notice that such removal may not remove all traces of such posting. Be aware that CharacTour may not have to comply with this removal requirement if: (i) federal or state law requires maintenance of the content or information; (ii) the content was stored or posted (or reposted) by a third party other than the minor; (iii) the operator anonymizes the content or information so that the minor cannot be identified; (iv) the minor received compensation or other consideration for providing the content; or (v) the minor does not follow the instructions provided by operator to request removal of content.
Our Service may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by CharacTour of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. CharacTour is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Service.
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your Personally Identifiable Information. Although we use security measures to help protect your Personally Identifiable Information against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the Internet. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
The Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personally Identifiable Information is submitted through our Service, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
CharacTour may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. CharacTour aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where CharacTour relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personally Identifiable Information) removed from our records, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to such inquiries within fifteen (15) business days.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive messages including marketing information from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personally Identifiable Information to CharacTour, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: email@example.com or
Attn: California Privacy Rights
1155 N Dearborn St #801
Chicago, IL 60654
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this Section.
- By emailing the Privacy Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By mail post to:
1155 N Dearborn St #801
Chicago, IL 60610
© 2021 CharacTour - All Rights Reserved.