Patrick Bateman
Photo Credit: Everett Collection

Patrick Bateman

American Psycho

fans 316
rating 9.1/10 (19 users)
rate him

About Him

Grew Up… in a dysfunctional family, which probably explains a lot about him. As he says, “I'm a child of divorce, so gimme a break!”

Living... in an expensive apartment on the Upper West Side in Manhattan with his favorite possessions: an original David Onica painting of a naked woman sitting on a chaise longue watching MTV, a complete stereo system by Sansui with six-foot speakers in Brazilian rosewood, and a music collection with everything by Whitney Houston, Genesis and Huey Lewis and the News.

Profession... investment banker at Pierce & Pierce. He doesn't need the job, so he comes in whenever. He spends 10% of his day agonizing about business cards and the other 90% doodling disturbing images in his notebook. His greatest contribution to the company is that he hasn’t killed everyone in it.

Interests... going to exclusive Manhattan night-spots, doing the finest coke he can find, washing down Xanax with Diet Pepsi, getting manicures, pedicures, and facials, listening to Genesis, taking walks around New York City, and killing people.

Relationship Status... dating Evelyn. But she's starting to get annoying. Not only does she refuse to get breast implants, but she is also demanding a firm commitment from him.

Challenge... confronting his madness. His own words best describe his torment: “my nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.” And that isn't all he is dealing with. He doesn't have the nicest business card among his associates, and that bothers him more than anything.

Personality... deranged. At first glance, Patrick seems like just a narcissistic banker – very Ken doll with his dewy skin, friendly demeanor, and dead eyes. But as you get to know him, he's a deadly serial killer unlike any other. In fact, you won't see any blood on his hands from his murders because he is always getting manicures. He talks endlessly about his designer clothes and the great tables he gets in trendy restaurants, but is his vanity just a cover up for his own insecurities? We think so. But his actions can be a little over the top!

Patrick Bateman's popularity ranking on CharacTour is #502 out of 5,300+ characters. See our top-ranked characters and read their profiles.


Get Matched to 5,300+ characters.

Patrick Bateman
76.2% like you 93.2% like you 84.5% like you

Find Him In

Character Recommendations

Fans of him like these other characters in entertainment.

    matching ...

Title Recommendations

Fans of him like these movies, TV shows, books and video games.

    matching ...